Friday 27 April 2012

I DREAM OF JEANNIE

C'mon ladies, hands up to those who ever wanted to be just like Jeannie?
Who ever wanted to have a handsome master, a bottle of a home and magic powers with a blink of an eye?
I DID!!!!!!!!
It's great to still see re-runs of the show on television, years after it's making and why not? Such a relief to see some light hearted comedy on the tube these says isn't it?

So you can imagine how chuffed I was to find this book written by Barbara Eden with Wendy Leigh, talk about a win! This book is delightful to read as Barbara takes us through the highs and lows of her life. From the intro beginning on the first day of filming 'I Dream Of Jeannie' pilot, to the present, it is definately a captive read. She masterfully (pardon the pun) takes us back in time to the heyday of the series and of course, lets us into a few little secrets along the way.
Then of course there are the tragedies that happened in her personal life - a very brave woman to tell the story. I like her open honesty and the fact that she hasn't hidden the truth which is probably why the title of the book is called 'Jeannie Out Of The Bottle'.
But there are glorious pictures Barbara has decided to share with us and it shows a woman who has courage, love and much adoration for her family.

I liked this book so much I wanted to share it with you and hope that you too find it as enjoyable as I have.

Michelle
xx

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to be Jeannie also. Mostly I just wanted to have the magic powers.
    I always liked Barbara Eden she was good at what she did and she wasn't one who was always in the papers because of a lot of mistakes she had made.
    I would love to see all the pictures that she has placed in the book. I might even purchase the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Snokitty, who didn't want to be Jeannie? If you do purchase the book you won't be dissapointed, and yes the pictures are great.
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete